Sin



I was sick, up to my stomach with it
It clings to my soul and it leads me on
He hates it, therefore shouldn’t I?
It makes me rot, my bones were riddled to the core

It is my fallen nature and I do it so easily and it is within me
Embedded in my DNA and a part of what Adam has passed down for generations
Passed down for generations, with every generation, lawlessness
I hate it, but hate won’t separate us for all of mortality

Let me take you back

Genesis, the origins of the beginning
The beginning of disobedience and broken focus and twisted trust
Oh deception conceived, lies birthed and now we’re all hell bound from birth
Bound, in iniquity, destined for pain and misery

Hmm, let me paint a picture of Hades and make you dislike sin just as much as He does
There is weeping and gnashing of teeth for every inhabitant
There are hot flames and fiery torment that awaits every tenant
Everyone blaspheming God and worms that eat your flesh but they never die

A stench of death and the dead everywhere
Demons everywhere, no life anywhere
Satan alive in there, a place where hope dies everyday
Thirsty every time, you can’t quench the flames, never mind it anyway

Darker then darkness, there’s no hope of light anywhere
Hopelessness all around, you’re doomed for eternity
Fear gripping existence, it’s as if I hear the screams and wailing in the distant underground
Can you see, oh what a hideous picture, oh hell you Hades


Now let us consider, think with me

Remedy of remedies
You need to be born of water and the spirit
Spiritual regeneration and a fleshly heart
Oh what a transplant, God has been doing open heart surgery for millennia

I plead, die to self and acknowledge the defeat sin
Hinder him not, the risen king
Accept salvation and testify
Let his blood wash you clean to rectify

Justified, live not by sight
Fight for your right as a redeemed prize
Precious in His sight, you’re destined for heights above testing nights
I regard you mighty to save, oh Lord Jesus, you’re might to save

What does it profits a man to gain the world, but lose his soul?
I am for you, don’t get me wrong, I am with you
Surrounded by His grace and mercy, we’re more than conquerors
Soul, cheer up, be of good courage, for he has conquered the world!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repentance

Drawn Battle Lines

Perplexed At Your Beauty