Drawn Battle Lines


        
I am here, alone and desolate. My tears are dried up. I look to the sky and wonder why? Steadfastly patient, I wait for the tides to change. I steer the helm, fighting the current. I see the island of hope and suffering in the distance. My inner being wrestles with time and death, the life in my veins won’t yield to the bullying of impending doom. I claw at society and its fictitious dreams. I am a dream walker. Wide awake, I am pilgrim for perfect motion in perpetual motion. Never surrendering, I must bleed for victory. Fighting this battle more than once, I urge courage not to let go. I stand firm on the foundation which is the chief cornerstone. I reason out reality and inspire wisdom in every prayer to be imparted. I attach myself to infinite peace and amid the storm, I am not afraid. I cry aloud, let me go because pain is suffering. I dare duel death. I dare the grave to wrestle me into it and see if I won’t rise again. I dare you to challenge my words and see if they will fall to the ground. I am more than conqueror. Predestined to overcome, I was made to win. My commander drew the battle lines and inspired the celestial victory. He was the first to show humility and courage at the same time by leading the battle and taking it to the terrestrial realm. He conquered death and slew the grave with a tree. He retreated the enemy with words alone and shamed his adversaries. My blood lineage is victorious and holy. My spirit is eternal and the battle is because of my soul. The battle lines are drawn and the enemy produces falls evidence that appears real, day in and day out as the battle rages. The slanderer, what a foe, oh the great enemy. But his name is above all names and his throne above all thrones. My commander hates cowards, and his people perish because of a lack of knowledge. I hate myself since I met him. Now I fight two battles simultaneously and my own, the greater of the two. I won’t slander myself, nor will I tarnish my own image and break myself down. I bend my knees and know exactly what position to assume. I go into the inner room and shout my whisper as I plead my case and thrust with the sword of the Spirit. I know the battle is rigged for my victory and history written for my faith to be encouraged. I am the least of the warriors and have decided I will be content to be the least in your kingdom. You are sovereign and that send chills down my spine and gives me somewhat an idea of your infinite power. I desire to know your unthinkable strategy for battle, but how high are your thoughts and ways, who can know them? I surrender and rejoice that you are on my side of the battle. What a fall oh bright and morning star, like lightning you tumbled to the earth. I giggle, because we are all given a chance at glory. Oh what a shame, for those with whose it comes with no repentance. Now I understand where the battle lines were drawn from in the beginning of the age, of the greatest war, oh what a war!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repentance

Perplexed At Your Beauty