Patience



Patiently, patient. Wow, it is hard to explain, yet I can fathom it. It’s within my reach and I eagerly wait for it. The grasping of faith for a means to an end. What I see has nothing to do with what I want to see. What I don’t see, has something to do with what I want. What will happen, has something to do with what I hope for. What I meditate on in the midst of storms and calm waters alike, is a measure of my endurance. Let it be the word that doesn’t change nor pass away. Noticing the change, I surrender to the ticking seconds as they go by. Patience, the virtue that yields fruit for eternity. Patience, the metaphor of waiting. I am impatient and pay the price for my instability. I ride the waves of change and change and outshine the grand master, chameleon. I subdue every effort He puts before me, because I won’t yield nor has His proverb hit its mark in me. I am gullible and easily manipulated by events that require nothing, but patience. To whom who knows how to do good and does it not, to him it is sin. I am fighting a battle that keeps knocking me out of balance, with a split second too soon, impatience. How I am the fool that hates correction. How I am troubled, in my spirit, because the sword cuts deeper every time. Every time it discerns my thoughts, and warnings are riddled in my memory of the poverty that it brings with my war with patience. Adam you have really given us a blade to swallow. Nothing but blood as it goes down. My fallen nature, nothing but everything is hard to except. Blown away, I am taken by awe in this microwave generation.


Patience, with some, it is developed over time. I am not an expert, but with others it springs from discipline. Ushering into every avenue and facet of their life, bringing desired sweet fruit as it grows into an art form. Desperately out growing childish attitudes and swirling tempers during tempests, in life’s classroom. How I love the school of life and its education standard. How I applaud highs and lows during the tests. How results are dependent on the virtue of patience. How the seed of patience matures like a ripe succulent grapefruit, ready for the picking. How I detest my fallen nature, but hope in my regenerated spirit, salvation. Therefore I must wait for heaven confidently. Knowing this very thing, He is able to finish the good work that He has started in me. No one comes to the Son, except the Father draws him. Thus, he makes the first and last move and everything in between, has a lot to do with patience. How deep a virtue you are oh patience, an endless well indeed. How I long to know you and call you my brother. Come close to me, and tell me you know me. Whisper your secret to me and tell me thy ways of time. How exact are you with God and his timing in season. Oh patience, you are divine in your establishment of existence and ponder the ways of impatience. I regard you a dire necessity on this narrow road, how can I go on without you? Many long to know you, either saved or degenerate! We are all fallen, but some are failing forward with patience and striving for excellence. I am here now and claim to know you now, oh patience. But as soon as I am done here, you would have taught me something new and I would have to wait in metaphors for me to grasp that it was you. Perfect in all your ways, I must be in perpetual motion and be patiently patient, patience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repentance

Drawn Battle Lines

Perplexed At Your Beauty